12 2 / 2013
What’s Happening in 2013-2014 with Crystal Cruises
We sat down with Crystal Cruises and got some insight into what’s new this season. Check out the below.
We’re so excited about their new boutique adventures! Smaller, more intimate travel is gives you a better insight into the country’s culture and history.
- Boutique Adventures are ultra-intimate (6-15 people max) cultural shore excursions that take guests inside private estates, art studios, museums, castles and well-known businesses for exclusive meals, lessons, workshops, and behind-the-scenes tours with local experts.
- Private cars with English-speaking guides will be available for guests to explore destinations on their own for a full or half-day in 70+ ports in Europe. Foreign language guides are also available upon request.
- New shore excursions such as wine tasting in Bordeaux, France, ham and honey wine tour in Kotor, Montenegro, horseback riding in Mykonos, Greece, film location tour in Berlin, Germany, hot air balloon rides in Pauda, Italy and dune buggy adventure in Arrecife, Canary Islands.
- USC Movie-Making is a new partnership with the USC School of Cinematic Arts, which allows cruisers to shoot movies using their iPads.
- Teach Education are new classes available on board, offering free computer-related education, from email to photo software.
- Themed vacations are expanding, with 14 new themes added on 28 Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony 2013 voyages. Travelers can explore their interests with complimentary, hands-on activities, performances, educational presentations and expert instruction on board. Some examples include the Espirit du Grand Prix, photography, garden and floral design, and food and wine cruises.
- More shorter cruises will be on the 2013 itinerary, including 26 seven, eight, nine or ten-day voyages, with more than 120% increase in shorter cruises in Europe alone.
- New dining experiences with connoisseur beer added to the drink menu, new desserts, restaurant concepts, service enhancements and cuisine presentations.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to ask us in the comments below!