13 2 / 2013
What’s Happening in 2013-2014 with MSC Cruises
We sat down with MSC Cruises and got some insight into what’s new this season. Check out the below.
We’re so excited about their partnership with Eataly – the food is amazing!
- Scheduled to sail from Miami in the Fall of 2013, MSC’s third Fantasia-class ship, the MSC Divina has 1,751 staterooms, 25 elevators, 211,900 square feet of public space, a casino, 7 restaurants, 18 bars and lounges, 5 swimming pools, a bowling alley, a gym, and new spa. It debuted in May 2012. The Divina will become (Italian-based) MSC’s newest ship ever to be based in the U.S.
- The MSC Preziosa, launching this March, will have the longest single-rider water slide in the industry (watch out, there might be a water slide arms race in our future!), as well as the Eataly restaurant. She shares many sophisticated features with her sister ships, from the exclusive designer suites of the MSC Yacht Club to the lavish well-being facilities of the MSC Aurea Spa. The Preziosa will be based in Barcelona.
- MSC launched a new partnership with Eataly, the popular Turin-based chain of Italian restaurants, which will appear on the MSC Preziosa. The restaurant will mirror Eataly’s original concept, creating a stylish, minimalist space where people can eat, buy and learn about the best Italian food.
- MSC’s “Baseball Greats” theme cruises are coming back for the 2012-2013 Caribbean season. Guests can interact with former Major League Baseball stars as they sail through the Caribbean on the MSC Poesia.
- The MSC Yacht Club is the “ship within a ship” on board by MSC Cruises’ MSC Fantasia, MSC Splendida and MSC Divina. It includies a private lounge, pool, and bar and 24-hour butler and concierge service. This also includes a private restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, private embarkation, private ensuite shopping and a private elevator.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to ask us in the comments below!